Upcoming Games at BASIS Brooklyn
Upcoming Games at Williamsburg Northside
Upcoming Games at Nord Anglia
|1||Academy of Saint Joseph||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1||British International School||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1||Greene Hill School||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1||Nord Anglia International School New York||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1||Solomon Schecter School of Manhattan||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1||Williamsburg Northside School||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Downloadable version of Volleyball Rules: CONSAT Volleyball Rules
- Uniform numbers from 0-99 must be worn.
- Net Height: 13-14r olds / 7’4 1/8″
- All matches will consist of 3 sets
- Teams must win two of the three sets to be named the winner – Each set will go to 15 using rally scoring
- Teams must win by 2 points with a 20 point cap (maximum).
- Teams will switch sides of the court at the end of the first set
- If the match goes to three sets, a coin toss will determine who gets the ball first.
- The teams will switch sides at 8 points. This is not a time out. Play resumes immediately with players taking the same position they held prior to the switch, and the same team serves.
- All matches, including the Championship, will be the “best out of three” sets.
- Unlimited substitutions are permitted per set.
- Each team will have one 30 second timeout per set.
- There are unlimited substitutions per set.
- Substitutions may be made all at once or during separate legal interruptions.
- Players must stand at the net in front of the person they are subbing for – This helps the refs and scorers keep adequate sub records
- Any substitutions that need to be made during a timeout, must happen at the end of the timeout before the game begins
- A substitute may enter the court in one set for any starting player, but may only be replaced by the same starting player.
- EXAMPLE: Starter Smith is replaced by Jones- first substitution. Jones is replaced by Smith- second substitution (Smith can then be replaced by Jones or any other substitute who has not played in that set).
- League games must take place indoors.
- Volleyball courts should be made of wood with all necessary markings
- Markings on the court must be clear & complete
- Necessary Markings – End line on either end; Sidelines on both sides; 10 ft line/attack line on both sides; Middle line (not mandatory)
- Scoreboards visible to coaches must be used in all games.
- NFHS approved volleyball should be used for game play
- Students 12 and younger should, if possible, use Volley-lite volleyballs for regulation game play
- Referees who may have a conflict of interest should not officiate a CONSAT tournament game.
- Referees will be secured by the league referee coordinator and will be appointed to their game sites.
- One referee for each league or CONSAT tournament game will be paid from CONSAT
- 3 teams will play at each venue each week
- The best 2 out of 3 sets will constitute one full match
- The first team to 15 points wins the set – There is a 20 point cap on each set.
- The third team (team sitting out) should be prepared to assist with the calling lines (line judge)
- If two or more teams are tied at the end of the round robin league play, the following criteria will be applied, in order:
- The team having the best ratio of won/lost matches, considering matches between the tied teams, will be ranked higher
- The team having the best ratio of won/lost sets; considering matches played between the tied teams, will be ranked higher
- The team having the best ratio of points for/against, considering matches played between the tied teams, will be ranked higher
- As determined by the CONSAT chairperson (e.g. extra game, toss of coin, etc.).
- When you apply this rule to break a tie you should follow this sequence:
- When two teams are tied, the tie-breaking criteria are applied one after the other until the tie has been broken
- When three or more teams are tied, the tie-breaking criteria are applied one after the other until all the tied teams have been ranked.
- Note: This means that if there is a tie among teams X, Y and Z and criteria “b” is able to determine X as first, Y as second and Z as third, then no further criteria are to be used. The tie is broken. However, if criteria “b” determines X as first and there is still a tie between Y and Z, then the ranking of the remaining teams will be determined by proceeding to criteria “c” and so on, if necessary. Do not start at “a” again. Continue through the sequence of criteria X.
- Time outs are 30 seconds.
- Substitutions that occur during time outs must be reported to the scoring table and referee.
There will be first, second, third and fourth place certificates for the CONSAT Tournament Championship team.
- Are expected to adhere to all of the same rules that the league upholds.
- If a spectator needs reminding of the league mission, it is the responsibility of that team’s coach or other school personnel
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts 1 Academy of Saint Joseph 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 BASIS Brooklyn 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 BASIS Manhattan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 British International School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Cathedral School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Fusion Academy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Greene Hill School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Nord Anglia International School New York 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Solomon Schecter School of Manhattan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 The Ecole 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 Williamsburg Northside School 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0